Core Concept of Trader Joe
Trader Joe builds on the frontier of Decentralised Finance, continuously innovating to offer a truly unique trading experience that feels seamless and accessible, whether you are new to DeFi or a well versed veteran, the Trader Joe platform is a place you can call your home.
What can you do on the Trader Joe platform?
- Trade: Discover DeFi and Trade with fast Transaction speeds and cheap trading fees thanks to the Technology of the Avalanche Blockchain
- Pool & Farm: Deposit your Tokens into Liquidity Pools and Farms to earn Trading Fees and Bonus Rewards
- Stake: Stake your JOE Tokens with our modular staking system to unlock utility and more
- Lend: Visit Banker Joe to lend or borrow your Tokens to earn Interest
- Launch: Visit Rocket Joe to participate in exclusive launch events for newly launched Tokens
- Shop: Visit the Joepegs Marketplace and buy or sell digital assets (NFTs)
Joe V2 is a decentralized exchange based on Liquidity Book, a novel AMM protocol.
It has the following improvements from the Joe V1 Dex:
Liquidity Book vs Uniswap V3
Both Liquidity Book and Uniswap V3 are concentrated liquidity AMMs with some subtle differences:
- Price ranges are discretized into bins instead of ticks;
- Bin steps (or tick sizes) can be more than 1 basis point;
- Bins use constant sum invariant instead of constant product;
- Liquidity is aggregated vertically instead of horizontally;
- Liquidity positions are fungible;
- Liquidity positions are not restricted to uniform distribution across its price range, they can be distributed in any shape desired;
- Swap fees have fixed + variable pricing, which allows the AMM to charge more fees when market experiences high volatility.